With the holiday season being just around the corner, it is now the time of the year to pull out all of your Christmas trees, stockings and decorations out of their dusty boxes. What better way to reminisce the good old-fashioned values and joys of the yesteryear’s than a traditional Christmas tree and retro holiday decorations?
For a one of a kind holiday, there are significant ideas will pump up your vibe for a retro Christmas party. For retro holiday decorations, you may stick to the classics.
1. The Old Fashioned Christmas Tree
Recreate the Old fashioned Chrismas Tree by using a traditional Balsam tree that has large spaces between them. For the decorations, use tinsels (thin strips of sparkling material) attached to a thread and vintage glass Christmas ornaments.
2. Use and hang vintage glass Christmas ornaments such as crystal balls.
3. Wrap presents in plain brown paper with personalized greetings
You can also use metallic wrapping paper.
4. Decorate with traditional wreaths. These wreaths are usually placed on cabinets with breakfront doors.
5. Table Top Decorations
a. Music Sheet Trees. You can use old music sheets or print some and turn them into small, music sheet trees. These make for cute table tops.
b. Use poinsettia flowers. You can use real or fake ones. Just place them in an old basket for that early, retro look.
6. Use the best plates and silverware available. China or porcelain dishes are a favorite to achieve the classic look.
7. Hang honeycomb Christmas bells as decorations.
8. Hang classic mistletoes over the doorway to inspire kisses in the Christmas Season
9. Hang Christmas Stockingss on doors or near the fireplace.
10. Christmas Sweaters – the more outdated and garnish, the better.
11. Traditional food on the table is a must for a classic and traditional Christmas like fruit cakes and ham.
Creating ginger bread houses and ginger bread man from scratch. The recipe is usually passed down for generations.
You can see just how the Christmas traditions have evolved these past few years. We can agree that Christmas nowadays has become an opposite of what and how it used to before. Traditional Christmas is full of old-fashioned values wherein everyone looks forward to gathering with family members and friends with a simple celebration. Nowadays, the holiday season meant stressful weeks of preparations that you sometimes wish would never come.
With the list of retro holiday decorations mentioned before, we can reminisce the beautiful tradition that we used to have. We must not forget the reason why the day is celebrated surrounded by family and friends. A retro Christmas party will surely bring a sense of nostalgia for the great times spent while proving that we can always bring a great tradition back.